Friday, October 23, 2009

Hello Everybody... I'm Back...

To all,

I apologize for being negligent with my sea glass sites but will do my best to now make your visit worthwhile again.

In November, 2008 my Mother was diagnosed with lung cancer. To all who have lost a loved one to cancer... now I understand.

She was always a source of stability and encouragement, and like all my other endeavours, she shared in my joy of sea glass collecting. For a while I lost the motivation to tend to the chores at hand but, in time, I came to remember her last words to me. With great effort she said "Be the best you can be." I will try to honor her advice.

I can't say at this time that I have come to terms with her passing. I have been told that I will never be over it. Well... I don't ever want to be over it.

Yellow is her favorite color.
I miss her so.

If you would like to make a donation to fight cancer please click Cancer Society.

Sincerley,
Gary de Blois

5 comments:

Ariadne said...

I am sorry for your loss,I lost my dad from a lung related cancer.Anyway in Greek we say "Live to remember her!" so that is what I wish you.Ariadne from Greece.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about your loss. I lost my mother to cancer. Hunting sea glass along the shores of western CT. was and is a crucial part of my adjustment.

Anonymous said...

I understand, if we don't feel the loss, then maybe we have forgotten them.
when i think of my father, i feel a love, and also the sense of missing him.
he is in my each and everyday, and his voice is always close to my ear.
give yourself time to go through this transition, and know that she is never far away.
God Bless

Anonymous said...

Gary,

My sincerest condolences on your loss. I too lost my mother to cancer. I understand what you mean when you said you don't ever want to get over it because you don't ever want to forget a mothers' love.

Strolling the beaches and sea glassing is a huge help for many reasons. I have often equated the tumbling of sea glass to create our beautiful gems to the tumblings of life. It helps me to try to understand. Not easy for sure.

I also want to say it was wonderful to see you again at the Festival.
Wish we all had more time to socialize.


Danielle

gary de said...

Thanks for all the comments. You folks are very knid indeed!
Gary